About the Project:
This is Mine, Part III, The Monologue, is a collective film project comprised of women's stories of rape, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, body shaming, body policing, and everything in-between. You heard my story in the video above, and now I am asking you to share yours. No story is too big or too small, and the sharing of our experiences is NEVER self-involved, trivial or shallow. In fact, it is one of the most powerful tools that we have in combating the unconscious misogyny that surrounds the shaming and policing of our bodies. While I mentioned that some women are choosing to share their stories about rape and sexual harassment, this project is also about what exists as the foundation of those experiences. The sneaky stuff like catcalling, dress codes and arbitrary rules made by men in power.
To become a part of this project, email me your story in the format that speaks to you. I have received written submissions, audio pieces and video pieces. In addition to receiving submissions, I am also traveling to women who would like to share their stories to record and film them. If this is something you're interested in, please let me know.
If you would like to submit your story anonymously, that is also an option. The audio and the visuals in this piece will not be synced up unless specifically requested by the participants, or, I am given permission. I will protect the participants identity at all costs.
How to Submit:
Making Your Video or Audio Piece
1. You can make your video using whatever device you have available (phone, computer, camera..)
2. If you would like to take artistic approaches to obscure your identity, ie: filming only your lips, or another part of your face, filming yourself partly shadowed, or in a dark room, please feel free to do so! I understand that this is an extremely hard thing to do, so protect yourself in whatever way you need to. This is about making you feel empowered.
3. This doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be real.
4. No story is too big or too small.
5. There is no time limit.
6. If you are not ready to share your story, you can submit a video saying, "I am a survivor."
1. Please visit this google doc to access the release form: CLICK HERE
2. Copy and paste the information into a word document, sign it electronically, or print, sign and scan back into the computer.
3. If at any time you decide you no longer want your video to be a part of the project, it will be removed.
Sending Videos and Release Form
1. Please upload your video and release form here: https://www.wetransfer.com
2. Chose the "take me to free" option on the website.
3. After uploading your video and release form as attachments, send to the email address: email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns. I am here for you.